On Friday 08 August 2003 20:18, Norman Vine wrote:

> [...]
FG_SCENERY_PATH=/usr/local/FlightGear/Scenery/:/usr/local/FlightGear/Landmarks/

> > David,
> >
> > The ":" path separate character might be hard to make unambiguos on
> > the windows platform.  But it is the standard under unix.
> >
> > Would anyone be opposed to using the ";" character as a path separator
> > since these paths could show up in universeral config files.
>
> I am wondering what having multiple paths to search will do for 'stutter'
>
> and as far as LandMarks go I can't really see why they don't just go in the
> standard scenery file as since they are LandMarks they probably only
> apply to one location :-)
>
> Norman

While it would be logical to insert them into the standard scenery, I think
that expecting a relatively new and unfamilier user to copy the files to the
right places in the existing scenery might be asking a bit much - it would
almost certainly generate a lot of e-mails, I think.

Wherever they go, the procedure for installing, updating and removing them has
really got to be 'automated' and as painless as possible.

LeeE