On Wednesday 13 August 2003 22:18, Erik Hofman wrote:
[snip...]

> > * Both the main airports in the field of view are far too easy to see in
> > FGFS, and you can even see Hawthorne and Long Beach's (?) locations too.
> > That is definitely wrong; even LAX should be almost invisible from here.
> > * In terms of bringing out navigational details, basic MSFS doesn't show
> > the ridge of raised land at all, which is a major terrain landmark.
>
> I'm wondering how to improve that. Maybe the textures are just too light?

I think they might be a bit too saturated.  At various times I've gone through
them and tried either reducing the contrast or reducing the saturation (both
have similar, but not identical, effects).

I think I tended to prefer reducing the saturation, as opposed to the
contrast.  I thought both offered some improvements.

I don't think the newer crop textures need much, if any alteration - they
already look good to me - it's just the older original tiles that seem a bit
too colourful.

> > Amusingly, the other screenshots for San Diego area all appear to have
> > been selected for being inside the class B airspace (this one is right
> > on the hairy edge of the airspace and probably only just in the clear).
> > Maybe they're trying to make it difficult to take comparative photos?
> >
> > Hope that helps, Erik ...
>
> It sure does.
> Thanks for the report Alex.
>
> Erik