Frederic Bouvier wrote:
Matevz Jekovec wrote:

These days I was quite busy with my model:). Today, I managed to create
room for gears, gear doors and gears themselves. The screenshots:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-001.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-002.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-003.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-004.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-005.jpg
http://www2.arnes.si/~mjekov/tmp/fgfs-screen-006.jpg

Now, I spent about an hour how to use textures, materials and mapping
for objects in Blender and didn't get anywhere. Can *anyone* please help
me. I checked out the turorials and documentation on Blender homepage,
but it is completed on half and is excluding the use of
materials/textures. I have already drawn a skin and managed to render it
with Blender, but I have no idea how did I make it. I was just pressing
the buttons and trying:).

This tutorial should help you :

http://reblended.com/tutorials/uvmapping.html

-Fred

Thanks! The tutorial was quite useful. The results can be seen here :).
Presenting J-22 Orao/IAR-93, exclusive for FlightGear:).
Now I only have to make some animations for gears, airbrakes, wheels, afterburners, front/back flaps, ailerons, rudder, canopy and a galtling gun:) and link objects with FG.

- Matevz