I have been fiddling around with the scenery building tools to
incorporate 30m SRTM data for N/S america, updated/current
airport/runway data based on the latest DAFIF cycle, updated taxiways,
lighting, and approach data, etc.  Also included is vmap0 roads,
railroads, rivers, lakes, landc over/land use data.  This is a big
improvement for VFR flying and makes the world a lot more interesting
to explore.

This scenery data isn't final, but it represents what I've done so
far.  There are a few more things I'd like to tweak before I kick off
a full world rebuild.

Anyway, what I have can be found here:

    ftp://ftp.flightgear.org/pub/fgfs/Scenery-0.9.2/

This scenery should work just fine with the latest official release
(0.9.2) but for those of you running the latest cvs, you will have
slightly better looking taxiway centerline lights, otherwise there
shouldn't be any difference.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org