I've been been playing with Maik's most excellent helicopter model,
now in CVS:

  fgfs --aircraft=bo105

I can (just barely) fly it -- I'll try hooking up my rudder pedals to
see if that makes it easier.  One thing I don't understand is that I
get a lot of small, rapid fishtail oscillations, even when the
controls are perfectly still and the forward airspeed is 60 kt or
higher (i.e. I'm nowhere near a hover).  Is this a reflection of a
real aerodynamic effect in heli's, or is it something we need to hunt
down?

Let's all give Maik a round of applause for this one.

All the best,

David