Matthew Law writes:

 > I agree :-)  In a C152 with one aboard it certainly gets a little bumpy
 > around the circuit even nauseous sometimes.  The worst turbulence I've
 > been in so far was just beneath a bank of fluffy cumulus clouds.  I
 > thought the airframe was going to fail and for the first time since I
 > started flying I wished I had my parachute on!

I know that's a joke, but I wonder what the odds of successfuly
exiting a falling 152 would be -- assume that you're already well
below circuit altitude by the time your brain has processed the
failure.  You'd probably be better to stick with the plane unless the
structural failure were total (i.e. a lost wing rather than just a
bent one).

All the best,

David