John  Barrett writes:

> At the moment, I'm planning to build in my own socket classes to handle the
> net connections, as they are designed to handle multiple connections in a
> polling environment -- unless someone can point me at existing code in FG /
> SimGear / PLib thats up to handling multiple socket instances with
> reasonably low overhead ?

PLib/src/net is a 'reasonably' efficient implementation of using
polling in a multiple connection environment :-)

The 'loop' is in netChanel.cxx

SimGear sockets and are built ontop of PLib/Net as is the FGFS
http server, which should make an applicable stress test easy to
formulate :-)

for a Python based discussion of the methodology used see
http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/medusa.html

HTH

Norman