John Barrett writes:
> Would a --no-combat option on the server be acceptable ??
>
> (i.e. someone can pull the trigger, but it wont do anything to the
> multiplayer world -- they could still use you for a target, but you would
> never see the ordinance)

That sounds reasonable.  I would add the additional condition that
people running with --no-combat would not even see people running with
--combat.  I think we should keep the two worlds completely separate.
I suppose if the combat people want to see me, that's ok, but I don't
want to see them.  The idea is that if a few of us are flying around
the pattern following civilian rules, it doesn't make sense to have a
bunch of combat planes looping around and making high speed passes on
us.  That doesn't make sense for the civilian world ... and if we are
doing what we are supposed to be doing, seeing the combat aircraft
using as as target practice could be very disruptive.  Ultimately I
think I would vote for keeping the two worlds entirely separate.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org