Manuel Bessler wrote:

I've thrown together something similar with the plib js and net examples
and changed the joyclient on fgfs side. This allows you to use a
joystick port on another machine via the network.

One thing I'd like to change is to make it configurable via the property
tree what is being controlled by the remote joystick. I'm not sure if
that'll work.

I imagine something like this:
fgfs --jsclient=socket,in,10,192.168.1.2,16759,udp
--prop:/jsclient/axis[0]/binding="/controls/engines/engine[0]/throttle"
--prop:/jsclient/axis[1]/binding="/controls/engines/engine[1]/throttle"

Currently the protocol assumes 4 axes, 4 buttons. If less than 4 axes are installed on the joystick server, the unused axes will read zero. No provision for endian-ness yet.

Okay, this is committed to CVS. Changes and updates are always welcome.

Erik