Stupid idea: Has anyone thought to make a simple FDM for ground vechicles? I admit it might get boring quickly, but in a multiplay situation, it might be intresting to allow someone to simply watch takeoffs from the ground, with a mobile camera. It's half-assed, and since I can barely get FG to compile on my own, it's probably not worth implementing.

Curtis L. Olson wrote:
David Megginson writes:

If they ever need a volunteer to taxi around a virtual plane, getting
in the drivers' way, let me know.

They actually had a pretty neat scripting system.  You could click a
starting point, ending point, and a midpoint.  The system would figure
a reasonably optimal route throught the taxiway network.  Planes would
yield to each other and even to vehicles if the vehicle forced the
issue.  There were magic spots on the end of the runway that if you
took the path to those, then the airplane would continue with a take
off, fly around for 10 minutes and come back and land.  It wasn't
perfect, but from a ground vehicle perspective it looked really
convincing.

Regards,

A scientist claims in court that the reason he ran a red light is that, due to his speed, the color was blueshifted till it appeared green. Needless to say, the charges of running the red light were dropped and he lost his license for speeding excessively.