Jon Stockill wrote:
> There's no driver loaded - try "modprobe hid;modprobe joydev" as
> root, then see if js_demo shows the yoke working correctly.

This misfeature annoys me to no end.  Has anyone investigated why the
kernel input modules understand keyboards and mice just fine, but
don't have the sense to load "joydev" automatically when a joystick is
plugged in?

I've never looked at the kernel source.  Presumably this would be a
trivial fix, no?  Sometimes it seems like we're the only major user of
the joystick driver, and the kernel folks don't care about it...

Andy