> It would be nice to have that feature [yaw damper] added to the autopilot
> code. Usually it is activated on the ground and then turned off only to
keep
> it from screwing up any kick-out on landing.  The activating/deactivating
> could be handled manually or by an FMC module.

For JSBSim aircraft, of course, you can by adding in the appropriate control
channel in the flight control description for hte aircraft.  I think
eromatic automatically adds a yaw damper to aircraft created for JSBSim that
way (Dave C.?)  The X-15 aircraft has a SAS (Satbility Augmentation System)
defined similarly.

Jon