> Adverse yaw is created by the difference in the drag produced by the
> ailerons when banking the aircraft where the 'down aileron' (which raises
> the wing) is subject to the higher velocity (energy) of the relative wind
> moving under the wing and the 'up aileron" feeling less drag from air
moving
> over the wing. the effect is more pronounced in swept wing aircraft in
that
> as the aircraft yaws the lift across the wing on each side also changes
more
> than straight-wing aircraft.
think so too...

I just talked to my father, A/C maintainance instructor for Airbus Fltight
Controls and Engine, so I think he should know about it. (hopefully ;-)) )
To bring some light onto things, how it is done on real A/C.

Yaw damper untit: prevents only a dutch roll (caused by yaw movement) by
acting ONLY on rudder not on ailerons.
FCPC (flight computer) does this, if offline, a backup yaw damper unit is
there.

It depends on A/C aerodynamics wheter the plane starts to turn w/ bank angle
!= 0 or not.
Usually the plane does not, so FCPC is mixing some rudder to make the plane
turn.
Which force would else make the plane turn? And I'm sure Bank Angle does
not, may help a little bit.

Anyway, first results based on error on y-axis accel gave good result.

Other topic: Are there any suggestions about how to build a d/d(t) of a
property in fdm

markus