Russell Suter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...] I'm curious because I have a
> friend that does research on a Cessna 172 simulator
> that has an Onyx/IR with 3 channels.  His simulator models are crap and
> his visual database is worse.  I'm trying to talk
> him into trying FlightGear but I have zero idea of what performance
> would be like.

It probably would be best if you simply ask him to try it out. And if
he really does, then we might be interested in the FlightGear
performance numbers and last but not least some information, on how
that box is equipped. For most SGI models you can choose from a range
of different CPU's and to my knowledge the Onyx is no exception (and it
might be worse than the Octane ....),,

Martin.