Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Take a look here:
> http://www.a1.nl/~ehofman/fgfs/comparison.html

> This table is based on performance reports from FlightGear users who
> have sgi equipment. But be aware that this is about the default startup
> position (stationary at KSFO) which seems a bit heavy on the scenery for
> alder hardware.

I have the impression that the default position is very
un-representative - because of two reasons:

1.) If you get only 3 fps and do some modifications on the hardware, an
    improvement of 10 % won't get noticed, because FG still talks about
    3 fps,
2.) The amount of objects that are in viewable range on the default
    position varies very much over the time,

Martin.