Jon S Berndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:22:15 -0800
>   Andy Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Jon S. Berndt wrote:
> >> Can the view offset or rendering code (whatever it is that draws the
> >> 3D aircraft models) move the origin of the set of vertices that
> >> defines the model per-frame so that the CG aligns with that reported
> >> by the FDM?
> >
> >Well, yes, because they're just properties.  But unless I
> >misunderstand you, you don't want to do that.  The FDM reports the
> >lat/lon/alt of the aircraft coordinate origin, not the c.g., no?
> >
> >Andy
>
> No.
>
> JSBSim currently (the version in in FlightGear, anyhow), reports the
> position of the CG, since that is what the EOM natively tracks,
> anyhow.  We can *report* anything, though of course, as we have
> intimate knowledge of euler angles, CG position, and offset from the
> CG (dynamic) to any other point on the aircraft at any time.

I really think we should stick to the previous plan of reporting lon/lat/alt
at the nose position.  Even if we tried it and then found out it was all wrong
it would involve far less labor then we've spent reacting on this mailing list
to every objection that gets raised by someone that doesn't understand the
problem.  This really has been discussed very thoroughly in the past.

We do not need anything else.  YASim is fine as is.

Jon, if you want to make the change I'll go through the 3D model wrappers and
make the necessary adjustment to each one.

Best,

Jim