David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jon S Berndt wrote:
>
> > Given each JSBSim aircraft config file, we will need to add the
> >
> > AC_VRP ###
> >
> > entry to each aircraft file.
>
> No, let's not do that -- instead, let FlightGear pass the VRP through the
> JSBSim API.  That way, we can use different 3D models with the same flight
> model.

Doesn't this get back to the 3D Modeler having to know where the FDM's origin
is?  If that is the case, why pass anything at all?

If I understand correctly, all the AC_VRP does is ensure that the lon/lat/alt
is reported at the nose.  You can position _any_ 3D model in relation to that
location however you like with the model offsets.

Best,

Jim