On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:56:31 -0800
 Andy Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What exactly does "hangaring" mean as a FDM feature?

It's not exactly a tangible feature from a user perspective. It's almost sort of a minor correction in the way we do things. Right now, engines for JSBSim aircraft are searched for in the Engines/ directory in the base package. Dave Culp mentioned that it would be nice if we could put the engines in an Engines/ subdirectory under the specific Aircraft/ directory, because this would make it very easy to put an entire aircraft package together and unpack it into a single directory tree. This would then allow us to create a virtual "Hangar" at the JSBSim web site (or wherever) where we can store entire aircraft models, docs, etc. There's going to come a time (or we may have passed that) where we ought to be storing additional aircraft models (3D model and FDM together) outside of the FlightGear packages, so we can reduce download times, etc. For us, the sensible place to do this is at the JSBSim site.

Jon