Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
On Montag, 5. April 2004 10:47, Erik Hofman wrote:

Folks, I might be far off here since I'm not a real pilot, but ...

Me too, so I am off too ...

Doesn't the fact that one has to adjust the altitude to match the real
one eliminate the problem? In that case the sensor can be at CG or at
the top of the vertical tail. It really should matter.

May be I am too simple minded, I do not understand. Which altitude and what real one? Can you tell me please?

Prior to takeoff you have to sync "your" altitude with the ones provided by ATC. But in fact you synchronize the altitude of the sensor with the one provided by ATC.

So if ATC says you're at 120 foot, you set the altitude of the sensor to report 120 foot and you're all set.

Erik