I vote in favor of enabling threads. I've ran FlightGear for ten hours, with
threads enabled, without any problems.

In addition, it's probably a good time to do this now, just after a release.
Because enabling threading now in cvs will give the developers ample time to
iron out any bugs well before the next release is coming up.

Cheers,
Durk