Curtis L. Olson writes:

> Durk Talsma wrote:
>
> >I vote in favor of enabling threads. I've ran FlightGear for ten hours, with
> >threads enabled, without any problems.
> >
> >In addition, it's probably a good time to do this now, just after a release.
> >Because enabling threading now in cvs will give the developers ample time to
> >iron out any bugs well before the next release is coming up.
> >

> Are there any platforms which use the configure system which have
> trouble with threads?  What's the situation with cygwin and mingwin?

I have always compiled with threading enabled ever since the tread
option was available this includes any MingW binaries that were distributed
and woldn't think of running FGFS in non-threaded mode for either
MingW or Cygwin

MingW users will probably want to download the pthread package
though.

http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/

Norman