On Friday 23 Apr 2004 5:24 pm, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Jonathan Richards
<snip>
>>  I'm prepared to write to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
>> [1] and ask them for information.
<snip>
> I think that would be a very good idea. I think I have evolved a pretty
> good idea of what it did from various documents on the web and elsewhere
> (good enough for our simulation anyway), but I would be absolutely
> fascinated to learn how it actually worked.  Quite a bit seems to get left
> out. I assume that it was common knowledge at the time, and they didn't
> expect guys like us to be worrying at it over half a century later.

I'm baffled, now.  I have just been poking around the website I referenced
earlier, and there are two pictures of the MkIIa, clearly taken some time
apart, because the squadron markings and paint scheme are different.  That's
OK, but in this one:
[127 kB] http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/gallery/p7350side1024.jpg
the propeller has three blades, while P7350 is in the middle of this one:
[174 kB] http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/gallery/bbmf3ship1024.jpg
and there are four blades.  Were the propellers interchangeable on the same
model?
I'll get on to RAF Coningsby on Monday, and see what we can get.
Jonathan