Greetings All,

I think it was very successful show.  I estimate we got about 80 or so people
a day flying with FlightGear, around 10% managed to land.  It was a shame
that we were not able to use the controls within the helicopter, due to a
'feature' in HP/Compaq Machine USB controller.  However the helicopter was
certainly the main attraction and IBM were running a competition to win a
camera of which part of the entry was to have visited the FlightGear Stand.

It was highly enjoyable to be able to talk to people about something one is
very interested in and I am disappointed that both days passed by so quickly.
My congratulations go out to the two Jons who did a fantastic job in
instructing during the show.  It was great to be able to put some faces to
email addresses.

I took some photos on the second day (I'm not even a photgrapher by any
means ;-) which are available at:
        http://uk2004expo.fotopic.net/
The images are between 300KB and 700KB (1280x1024) - sorry if you are on
dialup but I've not had time to crop and compress the images.

The Fleet Air Arm Museum are very interested in having their own simulator but
this would depend on them being able to find a sponsor - so it's still
dubious as to if anything will happen in that respect.  However I was talking
to one of the members of staff of the Aeronautical Department at Imperial
College (London) and they are in the process of looking for an open-source
flightsim for Linux and she was very excited to learn about FlightGear.  Also
we came across another group who want to use FlightGear for displaying and
showing UAV data and position.

Well I'm not a journalist either - but if anyone has any questions about the
show then feel free to ask.

Cheers for now,
Al