From: "Frederic Bouvier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: "Avi Levy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > [...]  Is there a way to disable sound
> > support (besides the runtime parameter)? I would
> > like to know this, since I did not dive into the
> > OpenAl stuff yet, and really dont use sound anyway..
>
> I don't thing it is possible. Setting up FG with OpenAL
> is not a big deal though. I posted the stuff involved
> 2 days ago.

Sure, there's no _technical_ problem in installing OpenAL;
providing you don't mind upgrading to experimental
libraries (recent CVS, little testing) on a stable machine.
FGFS is disappearing from all but one of my computers and,
on the remaining one, it occupies a ChRoot for segregation.

A configure-time switch that eliminates the build dependency
would also be convenient because I normally run FGFS silent.
(I'm not suggesting that the switch to OpenAL was a bad idea)