* Josh Babcock -- Monday 24 May 2004 19:34:
> Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > FWIW, Gimp has a script that creates text arcs that I have considered
> > using if I ever get a chance to make some instruments.

> I have not had much luck with it.

Unfortunately, the ones that I have demonstrated aren't perfect either. There's
no kerning. One can either have kerning (btex ... etex) *or* play with letters.
Have to think about that. (The text arcs aren't a MP feature, but a little macro
that I hacked together. At least I added manual kerning now, which is good enough.
Some automatic kerning would still be nice, though.)

m.