Norman Vine wrote:

> Alex Romosan writes:
> >
> > "Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Doesn't SGPath.apapend just do the right thing here ?
> > >
> > > i.e. there shouldn't be a need to do the

> > > kludge in the patch below
> > >
> > > if append() doesn't do the right thing I suggest we would be
> > > better off fixing append() rather then kludging every instance
> > > of it use.
> >
> > we should use sgDirPathSep instead. it's defined in
> > simgear/misc/sg_path.cxx, but it should be moved to the header file
> > instead so it can be used elsewhere.
>
> Agreed but ....
> append() should/will just do this automagically  :-)
>
> // append another piece to the existing path
> void SGPath::append( const string& p ) {
>     if ( path.size() == 0 ) {
> path = p;
>     } else {
> if ( p[0] != sgDirPathSep ) {
>     path += sgDirPathSep;
> }
> path += p;
>     }
>     fix();
> }

sgDirPathSep is ':' for macintosh, or '/' for other systems. It is the
character that is between a parent and a child folder in a path, not
the one between 2 valid path. It that file, it is called sgSearchPathSep
and is used only in sgPathSplit, not in SGPath::append( const string & ).

Maybe we need a SGPathList object for that matter.

-Fred