Hi,

I've forwarded the current state-of-play Spitfire model to Curt for release
in CVS. The model is also available here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/vmeazza/FlightGear/spitfire.tar.gz

There are 2 versions: spitfireIIa with legacy YASim propeller/engine code,
and spitfireIIa-mod1 with the current propeller/engine code. Only
spitfireIIa flies, spitfireIIa-mod1 only allows you to taxi, and that
barely.

The POH is here:

http://home.clara.net/wolverine/BOB/misc/Spit_Hurri_Manuals.zip

You might also need this

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/vmeazza/FlightGear/spitfire_key_bindings.pdf

The model should operate as advertised!

The sound remains a mess right now, and until the YASim propeller/engine
gearing problem is solved, I can't progress it

There are also unresolved errors in the -set.xml file:

<controls>
      <engines>
        <engine n="0">
                <magneto-switch type="bool">1</magneto-switch>
                <magneto-switch type="bool">1</magneto-switch>
                <magnetos>3</magnetos>
        </engine>
      </engines>
</controls>

I then try to access it elsewhere.

This works:

<binding>
        <command>nasal</command>
        <script>
        setprop("controls/engines/engine/magneto-switch[0]",1);
        </script>
</binding>

But this doesn't:

<binding>
        <command>nasal</command>
      <script>
        setprop("controls/engines/engine/magneto-switch[1]",1);
        </script>
</binding>

I have left this code in so that the problem can be investigated, but I can
work around it.

I hope that we can resolve the YASim propeller/engine gearing problem soon.

Regards

Vivian