Erik Hofman wrote:
Innis Cunningham wrote:

It is quite possible that the new graphics card/system is not set up for
FG.I will have a play with it and see if I can improve the situation.I think
anisotropic filtering is on.
The point I was trying to make is people trying FG for the first time will
be dissuaded from using it because of the poor performance.
As you yourself said it is disappointing to spend money on upgrading
only to find that the sim runs at the same speed if not slower.
With the price of computer hardware getting cheaper all the time I
would think most people who are going to use FG would have reasonably
new hardware.

Well, if we turn all that off, people start to complain that FlightGear looks like crap and will search for something else. At least now they start asking questions ...

Then how about optionally offering to disable such things in the ("advanced") rendering options dialog ?

---------
Boris