> you win!  anyone who's willing to fabricate their own HUD i think should
> take the prize (or title, or whatever) if there is one.  if you don't
> mind my asking, though, are you a single guy?  or do you have the
> ability to filter out high decibel audio???

The HUD for the F-15 is a real one.  Only the combining glasses are "home
made".  The HUD optics came out on the short end of the stick in the
crash of the jet it was in.  The original combiners are made of .250"
quartz glass with some kind of semi-reflective coating.  I've been told
that the coating is gold.

I haven't been keeping a close eye on the hardware discussion, but
interfacing to FG is very easy.  I hope to be able to do some work with
interfacing Manuel's (sp?) hardware for a how-to I've been picking at for
the past few months.

g.