Hi.  I'm trying to figure out how to do the above -- how to cause sounds
to play when properties pass across fixed numerical values (e.g. altitude
annunciators).

The problem is that something like

<condition>
 <property>/some/path/to/property</property>
 <value>100</value>
</condition>

doesn't produce any sound at all, while

<condition>
 <and>
  <greater-than>
   <property>/some/path/to/property</property>
   <value>95</value>
  </greater-than>
  <less-than>
   <property>some/path/to/property</property>
   <value>105</value>
  <\less-than>
 </and>
</condition>

only produces the sound for the amount of time it takes the property
to cross the interval.  Since that's often shorter than the length of
the sound itself, the sound gets cut off before completion (e.g. "one
hu-").  I got the impression from reading the docs in CVS that the
first one above would work with <mode>once</mode>, because the mode
line would guarantee that the sound got played completely through once
triggered.  But experimentally, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What am I not getting here?

Thanks,

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)