On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:55:54 +0200
 Boris Koenig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, regarding the whole terrorist issue that you mentioned:
terrorists usually have the funding available to really use
*professional tools*, so the 9/11 terrorists did not only fool
around with a version of Micro$oft's flight simulator, but also attended REAL flight training, they even used fixed base sims...

FlightGear is not going to become interesting for that group of people!

Yeah (it sounds like you've considered these questions before ;-) I agree with your logic. But, it can make one a little queasy, nonetheless: I believe I recall that MSFS was used by some of the 9/11 perpetrators.

I do think it's a good idea to reiterate that, as always, we should make sure that whatever information is used in this endeavor is based on genuinely publicly available material.

I would suggest to  coordinate your efforts then with Harald Johnsen,
who's  working on the visual/logical implementation of the CDU/FMC:

http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel%>40flightgear.org/msg26056.html

http://www.chez.com/tipunch/flightgear/index.html

Maybe you guys can save some of the work by combining your efforts :-)

Sounds like a good idea.

Jon