On Saturday 25 September 2004 21:53, Boris Koenig wrote:

> I think, mainly developers, testers, and security people would
> need to be available, as well as developers that can do cross-platform
> development using low-level networking libraries.
>
> Of course, one might indeed look for an opensource library that serves
> as an abstraction layer for the whole OS specific part.

What do you think about this open source network library:

http://www.opentnl.org/

It is a library created from the network code of the Torque Engine.
The Torgue Engine was used by the famous and commercial multiplayer game
Tribes 2 and this game had one of the best network codes out there for games
and simulations.

TheTorque Network Library is available under 3 licenses, one of them is the
GPL, so it would be a library we could use for Flightgear.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.