Mathias Fröhlich writes:

> I cannot see a way to model the earths surface with different properties like
> runnway/grass/water with load factor. Moving and rotating triangles for the
> ac carriers deck, and special elements like the wires/catapults.

Easiest way is to add surface property is to use the ssgBase user_data field
in the leafs and then use the a modified FGHitList::get_entity() method to
return the touched leaf user_data.

This could just be the pointer to the ssgTexture.
Probably easiest to derive a fgTexture object from ssgTexture and add
a surface property field

This would require adding a field to the HitList that was set to the fgHitRec used
note: I believe that this will always be the same as last_hit() but I haven't
tested this and adding and maintaining an extra field won't hurt performance

The actual call to do this would then be something like
((fgTexture
*)(myHitList->get_entity(myHitList->get_active_entity())->get_user_data()->get_surface_property();

Norman