Melchior FRANZ wrote:

* Arthur Wiebe -- Monday 08 November 2004 15:55:

I like FlightGear because it's open source but other than that X-Plane
is a lot better. Hopefully in the future I'll actually be able to do a
full build of FGFS without so many problems. :)

So, X-Plane is better than fgfs, because *you* have problems compiling fgfs!?
Now, that seems like a very objective and mature attitude.

To be fair, X-Plane does some things that are a lot nicer than FG. Also, our Mac support is woefully inadequate (mostly because we have precious few Mac developers on board.) The original poster was referencing the Mac platform and I think his comments were entirely fair.

Regards,

Curt.