On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:10:36 +0100
 Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Currently there is a problem where different platforms, different OS's or even different compilers can get different output due to the fact that structs are used to send data across the network. This can create endian-problems as well as packed/unpacked struct problems.

So to be safe you will need to use the same OS, and same compiler for both ends of the connection.

Erik

I didn't want to mess with that stuff when I wrote the socket output class for JSBSim. I just send it as a string. :-) It's lazy, I know, and probably not too efficient, but it works.

Jon