On 12/5/04 at 9:21 PM Martin Spott wrote:

>"David Luff" wrote:
>> Completely off topic, your screenshots look like you're getting dark
>lines
>> at runway texture boundaries similar to what I see on an ATI machine,
but
>> not on a NVidia machine.  Are you also on an ATI card, and am I correct
>in
>> thinking that Andy Ross might have once produced a plib patch to cure
>this
>> - does anyone know if it ever went into plib or not?
>
>Sorry, I'm not aware of such a PLIB patch but I'm definitely not an
>authoritative source of information in this topic.
>My screenshot was made on an SGI Octane MaxImpact, no ATI, no NVidia -
>but probably a platform that you'd be willing to declare as OpenGL
>reference platform  :-)

I've finally found the patch, and it didn't go into plib.  The patch and
description of it are at:

http://mail.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2002-December/014095.h
tml

It requires openGL-1.2 for the patch to take effect, which I don't have on
Cygwin.  If your SGI is openGL-1.2 capable, then perhaps you could see if
it makes any difference on your system?

Cheers - Dave