On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:35:34 +0100
Frank Olaf wrote:

> To where should I direct concerns about the scenery?

Stuff like this, which looks like a bug or other such problem, is probably
best for the developer list.

> There is quite a large portion of scenery near my home which is terribly
>
>   incorrect.  From N60.50 to N61.00, E11 there is a large strip running
> east and west with apparently no elevation data.
>
> I'm not sure if this is reported somwhere previously, but someone should
>
>      be notified about the problem.  I'm using scenery I downloaded
> about 1 month ago with the 9.6 windows binaries.

Confirmed with the most recent scenery (generated this past few weeks).
It's not a case of missing tiles.  The scenery is there -- it's just
anomalously flat (in the midst of a region with a lot of hills), with
sharp edges, as if all the DEM data for this region reads 0.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)