Oliver C. wrote:
On Monday 03 January 2005 22:23, Curtis L. Olson wrote:

Here's a preview of something I'd like to have working in time for the
0.9.8 release.  As we go forward it would be nice to have thumbnail
images for each aircraft.  I've also included the ability to read a
version string out of the aircraft-set file, and where one doesn't
exist, they script will just use the current date (that the archive is
assembled) as the version.

   http://www.flightgear.org/Downloads/aircraft.html

Regards,

Curt.

Could you change the file format from *.tgz to *.tar.gz?

I ask because *.tgz is used by Slackware as a package format (it's a tar.gz file with a install script in it) and this is leading to confusion
when you have Slackware *.tgz files and *.tgz files that are no Slackware packages on your harddrive.

So file endings called *.tar.gz would be much better than *.tgz.

It's not really a problem unless they end up with names like:

aircraftname-version-noarch-packageversion.tgz

In which case it could be confusing.

aircraftname-version.tgz *wouldn't* be a slackware package.

--
Jon Stockill