Martin Spott wrote:

 ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Devel/Plib_ssgDList2-20050105.diff

Unfortunately I don't have a clear idea on where to look at in order to
find out if it works correctly ....
Well, I'll rebuild SimGear and FlightGear and I'll see later,

It works for me (on IRIX) and I don't see any artefacts so far, but I
don't see any framerate improvement neither. Should I - or which
improvement does the patch bring to FlightGear ?

It should fix the "see panel through fuselage" problem. At best it doesn't affect frame rate, normally I would expect it to decrease slightly.

Erik