Dave Martin wrote:

Having experience of google adwords myself, I'd just like to make an observation:

If you have a well designed website (such as flightgear.org) where all information is clearly laid out and you didn't employ any 'tricks' to make someone arrive at your site.....

...chances are the 'visitor' has already found all the information they want and will not follow an ad link.

As far as I can see, to actually produce revenue from adwords, you must need an annoying site that spams keywords to get page-views and hope that people will click the ads in self-defence just to get away from your site ;-)

Here is a screen shot of about as unobstrusive of an add as I can configure:

   http://www.flightgear.org/~curt/tmp/fgfs-ads.jpg

I did a quick test and I see that we would mostly be advertising MSFS related stuff, I'm not sure I like that or not. :-)

I may fiddle with a few other things in the short term ...

Regards,

Curt.