Citeren "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> This is kind of off today's topic, but I have an unrelated question.
>
> Working in 2d space, given 3 points, I know how to compute a circle
> (center/radius) that passes through those three points.  Now I need
> compute the direction of curvature of the 3 points.  In other words,
>
> moving from the 1st point through the second point to the 3rd point,
> is
> the direction of the circle clockwise (curving right) or counter
> clockwise (curving left.)

Presume you have 3 points A, B and C with A the lowest one, B in the
middle and C the upper one. x is the horizontal axis (right=positive)
and y the vertical (upward = positive).

In pseudo-code:

if( (x_A > x_B) && (x_C > x_B)){
   curving right
}else if( (x_A < x_B) && (x_C < x_B)){
   curving left
}else{
   special cases like x_A = x_B etc.
}

I hope this is what you need, numerical derivatives are a little bit
more complicated for me at the moment :).

Back to the books now :/

Steven