On Friday 21 January 2005 18:44, David Luff wrote:
> On 21/01/2005 at 18:38 Durk Talsma wrote:

> >Any thoughts?
>
> Yes, I'm still inclined to go this way (integration), but haven't had the
> chance to dig into the AIModel code yet.  The comments above were intended
> to be somewhat generic, to be implemented in whatever method/branch I wind
> up using.  I guess I can comment more inteligently on this without the risk
> of suggesting stuff that already exists once I've had a good dig into the
> AIModel code, so I'll go and take a look...
>
> Cheers - Dave

I understand, it usually takes quite a bit of time to understand somebody
else's code. I'm actually fairly fluent in understanding the most relevant
parts of Dave's code (i.e. FGAIAircraft and FGAIFlightPlan classes).

So time permitting I wouldn't mind having a stab at porting (some of) your
code to interact with the AIModel system, it that is okay with you. As I
mentioned yesterday, the taxiway code comes to mind. This approach might
actually be mutually benificial, if this would free up some time for you to
work on taxidraw. Eventually, we need data for the AI system, such as,
taxiways and parkings/gates and taxidraw would be an ideal tool for that. Let
me know what you think.

Cheers,
Durk