Nick Coleman said:

> While we're talking about cleaning up for V1.0, would it be possible for
> Simgear's config default to include --with-jpeg-factory as the default?
> FG's make always barfs if I forget to include this when I build
> Simgear.
>
> Lol, I don't know what jpeg-factory actually does; looks like it runs
> some sort of server since it appears to tie in with an httpd library.

Hi Nick,

This was an old issue.  Just the same, I followed up and found that there was
no problem building without jpeg-factory using the latest cvs (the 0.9.8
release should be the same).  You might try clearing simgear and it's header
files out of the installation directories,  then reinstall simgear (sans the
jpeg-factory) and then reconfiguring and rebuilding flightgear.  The
flightgear configure script checks for the presence of the header and library
file for jpeg-factory and reinstalling SimGear without jpeg-factory will
simply leave the old versions there.  I don't recall, but there may be a make
uninstall option in SimGear.

If not, the files that need to be removed are: $PREFIX/lib/libsg* and
$PREFIX/include/simgear/*.  $PREFIX defaults to /usr/local.

FYI the jpeg-factory support, as you might have guessed provides support for
displaying screen shots remotely in a browser window.

Best,

Jim