Andrew Midosn wrote:

I can understand Austin wanting to keep the airport
file as lean as possible, but like yourself I think
the country information is useful.  I have only looked
at a demo of X-Plane, but if I remember correctly the
airport list is similar to FlightGear's - very long
and hard to use.

This is probably less of a problem for enthusiasts,
who will tend to know the code for any airport they
want to fly from, but is a pain for beginners who
would be happier browsing a list.

Maybe it's even a better idea to have a world map image where you can zoom in in three or four steps to select the desired airport?

Erik