Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..if our sol8 port works for sol9 and sol10 and OpenSolaris, we're home
> free, whether or not this continues to be the case, Sun decides.  _If_
> they decide to introduce Microsoft-style "DR-DOS errors" against us,
> my recommendation is we pull _all_ Solaris support, and go public on
> Groklaw and whatever else media is listening, [...]

I'm surprised there are still people out there having too much free
spare time ....

Maybe you don't know Sun very much. Sun has a significant history of
supporting binaries of already outdated operating system versions, so
we can expect our binaries to run on Solaris10. And _if_ we realize
that there are users having access to a workstation that is capable of
running FlightGear (as the requirements for FlightGear have grown
rapidly I assume you need at least an XVR-1000 board), running
Solaris10 and having difficulties with our sol8 binaries, then we still
can think about putting Solaris10 on someone's machine and build
FlightGear there.
I think you have forgotten that Solaris10 is not a CDDL-thing only, as
with previous releases you can still simply order the install media,

Martin.