On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 08:03 -0700, Andy Ross wrote:

> So the local cockpit coordinates get double-transformed to the
> centroid and back, losing precision in the process.  That comes
> out to roughly 1 part in a million at single precision, which
> over a ~1km tile can be as much as a few millimeters, which is
> several pixels of screen space in a small cockpit.

What's wrong with just using double precision? If it's because this math
is done on the video card then fine. In ray tracing I switched to
doubles over 5 years ago and measured only a tiny penalty which was more
than made up for by the reduction of artifacts. Single precision is so
20th century.

-Paul K