Hi,

> I think that you have that effect if you fly to the border of a cloud.
> The quads are rotated to face the camera and when the quads are very
> near on the left or the right the rotation is too big and the quad go
> out of sight. This will be corrected.

so are you using billboards rather than impostors? Is a single cloud
represented by multiple billboard primitives or by a single quad?

In the latter case, you could try to use impostors with fixed world-space
orientation, which are invalidated (&updated) above a certain viewing angle
treshold and distance treshold (which depend on the extent of the cloud
bounding box and impostor texture resolution, respectively).

 Manuel