Hi everybody.

Some weeks ago, I dug thru my spare-parts-box and found a small assembly of an
8 channel 10 bit A/D converter using a LTC1090 and a few other parts. I dug a
bit further and out came some pots, knobs, switches, some pieces of wood, a
few screews and a bit of wire.
I glued it all together, wrote a device driver for linux, hacked a xml file
and suddenly had a neat power quadrant to use with flightgear's piston twins
connected to the unused serial port.
It has:
6 levers (axis?): 2 black for throttle, 2 blue for prop, 2 red for mixture
2 wheels for elevator and rudder trim
1 switch for gear up/down
2 switches for flaps down/up

js_demo sees it like this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joystick 0: "LTC1090 Joystick"
Joystick 1 not detected
Joystick 2 not detected
Joystick 3 not detected
Joystick 4 not detected
Joystick 5 not detected
Joystick 6 not detected
Joystick 7 not detected
| Btns Ax:0 Ax:1 Ax:2 Ax:3 Ax:4 Ax:5 Ax:6 Ax:7 |
| 0004 +0.2 +0.2 -0.6 +0.3 -0.1 -0.6 -0.0 -0.1 |

If anyone here on the list (or is there a hardware-builder list?) is
interested in rebuilding this little toy, I am happy to put all I know to a
little web site. One should be able to purchase all parts for around 40 EUR.

Oh - by the way:
Thanks everybody for making FlightGear! I use it a lot to keep current in
flying ifr procedures...

Cheers, Torsten