Josh Babcock wrote:

>>Steve Hosgood wrote:

>>>Didn't get anything much done, sadly, but I have taken a look at your
>>>fuselage images, Josh. Nice work!

>>>One small observation. It's hard to be sure, but I think the photos of
>>>the glider replica show that the "riser" forming the back of the pilot's
>>>seat is also the centre bolting-on point for the wings, and therefore
>>>comes to a narrow flat-top under the wing, not to a sharp point as
>>>you've modelled it.
>>>
>>>Looks like P.Reid's drawing (body_glider_plans.htm) shows it like that
>>>too. It would also seem that the wing overhangs forward of the top-of-
>>>the-seat bolt-on point too. This is where I assume the passenger was
>>>squashed in. He gets a bit of side-to-side view in there, but not much.
>>>
>>>He wouldn't see much at night anyway.
>>>
>>>Other opinions may differ of course. Annoyingly, the photos from the
>>>1999 flight on the 'fiddler's green' site don't really have enough
>>>detail in that area to be sure of anything.
>>>Steve

>>>2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d
>>>

>>You are correct. The pointy bit is there as a reference point for me to
>>place the wing, and will be hidden once the wing goes on. It also saves
>>a few polys :)
>>
>>Josh

>>2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d
>>

> Not quite done yet, still need some stuff in the cockpit, landing gear
> and some animations. I'm not planning on putting in a pilot, though if
> enough people want one I can give it a shot.
>
> http://jrbabcock.home.comcast.net/flightgear/colditz/colditz.tgz
>
> Josh

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

OK, model's done, same address. Now I'm going to do the animation XML.
If I'm really cool I'll be able to make the wind ribbon look good.
Otherwise, just controls and control surfaces.

Also, I didn't know what the rudder pedals looked like, so I left them
out. I would assume that it's just a stick on a pivot which would be
super easy to add. I'm not sure about historical accuracy though. Of
course, the entire inside of the cockpit is a WAG anyway. Thoughts?

Josh