Vivian Meazza wrote:
> I like it very much indeed. Will it work in practice? Testing and
> tuning will take some time as I don't have any exact data. Probably
> into next week.

I suspect it should work fine.  The real device would have been an
analog computer hooked to a (presumably) slow motor, so the 10 Hz
update rate shouldn't be too much of an issue.  You could get fancy
and use the interpolate() code to make it slew smoothly rather than
jumping to the new value instantly.

Note that there are at least a few bugs in the sample code: it needs
to clamp to the range [-1:0] and then multiply by AUTHORITY, rather
than generating the normalized value and then clamping to authority;
it doesn't handle the cutout control, the tunables should probably be
properties instead of hardcoded numbers, should have a failsafe case
for an uninitialized FDM, etc...

Andy